Thursday 11 November 2010

Studio L3 CC Challenge 21

This tag was made following the perfect distress technique from the Compendium of Curiosities book by Tim Holtz. Turn to page 38 for the instructions.
For the background I used tumbled glass and peeled paint distress inks.
The houses are from one of my favourite stamp set - Craft houses by AVEC. The lamp post is one I carved from an eraser.
This technique has made the tag look a bit watery so I accentuated it with weathered wood brushed on to look like water at the bottom.
I enjoyed using this technique - it seemed a bit scary and out of control at first, but turned out ok. I decided to leave this tag embellishmentless - nothing I added looked right! But I think this tag looks very nice as it is.

This tag is being entered into the Studio L3 CCC #21 perfect distress technique
Thanks for looking at my blog and to all the lovely comments you leave :)
Jolanda x

8 comments:

  1. A really pretty tag, and the shimmer looks just lovely.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tag Jolanda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific tags and your shimmers look great.
    Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tag! I love the stamps you used. Not heard of that company before will need to go check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its a super tag, the stamps are great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the shimmmer on your tag, I so wish mine would have showed up! Thank you Jolanda for posting about my giveaway, Your a dear! and best of luck
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous piece of art!! Love it!! =)
    Hugs, SannaS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jolanda, I LOVE this tag! Not only did you do a spectacular job on the Perfect Distress, the stamps you used are just wonderful! Wow-- the lamppost you carved is amazing!!! What a sweet scene you've created.

    I think you were wise to not add any embellishments-- this is perfect just as it is. Beautiful art, my dear!!!

    ReplyDelete