Friday, 26 November 2010

distress ink gothic arch

Hi everyone, hope you are not too cold! It is snowing on and off at the moment here. Insided crafting is the best place to be :)
I had this sudden urge to make a gothic arch (haven't made one before, but love the shape)
The doors on the front are made using the double distress method from Tim Holtz Compendium of Curiosities. I am entering this into the Studio L3 Double distress Challenge no #23. The colours I used are Barn Door and Walnut Stain.

the background on the inside is barn door and perfect pearls gold sprayed onto baking parchment and the card smooshed around on it. It has a nice shimmery effect. I stamped and embossed the dragon in copper and painted peeled paint distress ink on the body.
I masked the dragon and stamped the windows behind, masked them and stamped another window at the top. I used watercolour pencils to colour them. Oh, the wings of the dragon are embossed with holographic powder.

The hinges I cut with my NEW cricut machine. It doesn't just cut cutesy animals but a lot more!!
These I embossed with a cuttlebug halloween folder, just as the doors. an old beady earring completes the door.
I am also entering this into the Simon Says Stamp and Show your distress inks
and also Fab and funky challenge - go with the flow.
and Paper Cutz challenge anything goes
Thanks for looking and all your lovely comments :)
Jolanda x

Thursday, 25 November 2010

Something hidden

I fancied having a go at the Artistic Stamper challenge - something hidden challenge. I thought what could I do that was hidden? and after a lot of tea and thinking :s I thought , what about a hidden baby! As you can see from the photo 'mum' pulls up to reveal a baby. She can even give birth and you can take the baby out.

I'm not sure this is particularly 'artistic stamping' but really enjoyed making this cute card, tag and envelope.
Thanks for looking
Jolanda x

giveaway winnings

This is a bracelet that I won in a giveaway from Roni on the Ink Stains blog. She has lots of great ideas - go and have a look :)


Here is my lovely RAK from Trash to Treasure Art. Take a look on Lynn's blog - her projects are really inspiring! and beautiful.

Sunday, 21 November 2010

Dutch Dare card

This card I made for the Dutch Dare sketch challenge. I used another of my new stamps. The snowflakes are from a Marianne Creatable die. Thanks for looking
Hi, Earlier this week I received some lovely christmas stamps by Rubber Stampede I bought on Ebay. This is first thing I made with them.
I stamped the Father Christmas with Walnut stain distress ink and the holly is stamped and painted with peeled paint DI. I put some perfect pearl powder over the sentiment and it shimmers beautifully.

I am entering this into the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamp and Show - whatever makes you happy (using new stash of course! and getting messy doing it)
Challenge up your life - St Nicholas Challenge 32
Frosted designs - distressing
Thanks for looking
Jolanda x

Friday, 12 November 2010

Hi everyone,
This is a card made using my favourite Tim Holtz stamp.
I painted the background of the shaped panel with black acrylic paint and then stamped the bird image and embossed it with cosmic shimmer - Denim lilac aurora.
Then I painted over it with silver acrylic paint and wiped it off after a couple of minutes.
The swirls in the corner are embossed with the same embossing powder as the bird.
I cuttlebugged the flowers, painted them black and embossed as before.
I am entering this card into
Thanks for looking
Jolanda x

Thursday, 11 November 2010

Studio L3 CC Challenge 21

This tag was made following the perfect distress technique from the Compendium of Curiosities book by Tim Holtz. Turn to page 38 for the instructions.
For the background I used tumbled glass and peeled paint distress inks.
The houses are from one of my favourite stamp set - Craft houses by AVEC. The lamp post is one I carved from an eraser.
This technique has made the tag look a bit watery so I accentuated it with weathered wood brushed on to look like water at the bottom.
I enjoyed using this technique - it seemed a bit scary and out of control at first, but turned out ok. I decided to leave this tag embellishmentless - nothing I added looked right! But I think this tag looks very nice as it is.

This tag is being entered into the Studio L3 CCC #21 perfect distress technique
Thanks for looking at my blog and to all the lovely comments you leave :)
Jolanda x

Friday, 5 November 2010

Nature's Factory tag

Hi everyone, here is my latest entry for Studio L3's CCC #20 - the challenge this time is to do Tim Holtz's industrial grunge technique. Loook in the book for exact instructions.
First I painted the tag yellow with acrylic paint. Then I made a mask in a cog shape (this was made in the same way as you cut snowflakes as a child - if you know what I mean).
Next I sponged over the mask with red and then black paint.
I used the urban grunge technique on the the flowers (photo doesn't show it very well :( ). I painted them silver to look like metal and arranged them like cogs. To finish them off I glued some washers and nuts in the centres.
As this tag looks a bit mechanical, I thought it needed some worker bees -I die cut them with a cuttlebug die and coloured them with permanent marker pens.

Thanks for looking at my blog and thanks to my growing number of followers :))
Jolanda x