Sunday 6 May 2012

Medals and Monarchs

 I saw the Sir Stampalot challenge earlier today and thought it would be good to get out my Tim Holtz stamps and make something a little bit royal - lions and crowns?
Yesterday I bought the French Pastry doily die so this was the perfect time to try it out.  I'm certainly very pleased with it and it just popped out of the die, but picking out all the bits was a bit tedious....
I wanted to create a kind of medal shape with it.
I think my favourite technique has to be heat embossing - I love the way the powder changes when heat is applied.  I used red tinsel for the lion and gold for the crown.
The wings are stamped and brushed with gold mica powder.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:




Thanks for visiting my blog :)

10 comments:

  1. Wow that was such a great idea, love the finished project! Thanks for joining us at Stampalot this month.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your terrific medal Jolanda. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really gorgeous and luxurious tag and such a brilliant idea, love it. Thank you for joining in with the PanPastel challenge blog
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo this is very clever. Such a good idea ! Thanks for joining us at this weeks PanPastel UK challenge.
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous piece of artwork Jolanda and so inspirational.

    Thanks so much for joining in our Medals and Monarchs theme at Stampalot Challenge this month and good luck.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab Entry, thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s challenge, Good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty
    I love the colours
    thanks for joining us at sir Stampalot this month and good luck!

    hugs
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely regal project! Thanks for joining he challenge at Sir Stampalot, Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was truly a great ideal...love it... you should get a medal for this one...

    Melisa

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is certainly very regal and royal Jolanda, including the gold and red colours. Thanks for linking to the Stamp Man's favourite technique challenge.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete